Thursday, April 15, 2010

POP!

Iggy Pop is a modern day renaissance man with his successes in music, film, and art. He is best known for being the frontman of The Stooges, but continues to have a solo career and has done multiple collaborations with other musicians. In the acting realm, he has had roles in some of my favorite Jim Jarmusch films, Coffee and Cigarettes and Dead Man. He is an American Rock 'n Roll icon that I felt deserved some recognition. Rock on, Iggy.


This single reached no. 5 in the Billboard charts in 1990. Collaboration with Kate Pierson of the B-52's, "Candy"

5 comments:

  1. Iggy Pop.
    All of my knowledge about this dude comes from what I remember watching about him on VH1's 100 best moments in rock n' roll. I can't remember what number he was, but I know that he was insane on stage. He would cut himself with knifes, roll around in glass, and just do really vile stuff.
    I would compare him to an Ozzy and Morrison. I think that rock and roll needs another guy like this to get the blood pumping again. Enough already with the Owl City crap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. for class, please comment on my page. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree completely. Rock needs to get revitalized a.s.a.p.

    What happened to rock being the top thing you hear about in the news? Now it's Rap and Pop that dominate. Sad days..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Word up, dudes.
    And Phil, you're right. He had a dark period with the drugs and violent behaviors and everything. I should have touched more on how much of a hard ass he was.

    I posted "Candy" because it almost seems ridiculous that it would be his only song to make it into the top 5.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post thank you Andrew

    ReplyDelete